Event for local people about health services in New Cross Gate
Saturday 29th March of every year- All Saints Church, New Cross Road, SE14 11am -4pm
The NDC Health Fair aims to inform local people about the range of health services available to them in the area and to provide them with enough information to make improved lifestyle choices.
It also looks at wider health including the environment and employment and the impact is has on overall health and wellbeing.
It is intended to be fun, informative and open to everybody in the local community.
This year the event will include dozens of information stalls with advice and info on:
• Drugs and alcohol
• Cardiovascular awareness
• Smoking and CO2 testing
• Bowel cancer
• Nutrition and healthy eating
• Oral health promotion
• National blood service
• HIV and sexual health
• Sexual health
• Cancer research
• Stroke awareness
• Fire accident and prevention
• Real Nappies initiative
• Recycling and Waste Mobile Unit
• Gardening and recycling
• Training and Enterprise
• Free Health Checks
• A sexual health advice bus for 121 support and advice
• Power Boat
• Play bus for children
• Face painting and smoothie making for children
• Food co-op for affordable fresh and good quality fruit and veg
• Blood bank – opportunity to donate blood
• Dr Bike surgery – to give advice and demonstrate minor repairs for your bikes – bring your bikes along!
• Belly dance your way to health performance
• Choir performance
• Aikido Performance
• Massage and relaxation workshops
• Willow planting exercise
• Organised walks
• Millwall Sports Tournament
• Soap and Bubble Company – craft stall/workshop to create your own soap and bubbles
• Free prizes and raffles…..
• Free food and refreshments